The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado has the best-in-class cargo volume, box depth, and box length at floor of any of its competitors. If you’re looking for the truck with the largest and most convenient bed, than the Silverado’s Durabed is your best bet. Plus, it also features segment-leading 12 fixed tie-downs and an exclusive power up/down tailgate, making it the most functional bed of any pickup on the market.
“The bed is the heart and soul of any pickup, so we made several improvements to the bed of the all-new Silverado to give our customers an even better hauling experience. We’ve added so many features and benefits that it deserves its own name – Durabed,” said Tim Herrick, executive chief engineer of Full-Size Trucks at GM.
For the 2019 model, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500’s short box volume is up to 20% more than any competitors. To achieve this they widened the maximum width of the bed floor by 7 inches. Quality of the Silverado’s “Durabed” has improved as well. Its high-strength steel bed is up to 500 megapascals from 340, which measures the amount of pressure the bed can handle.
In addition to the fixed 12 tie-downs that the truck features, 9 more moveable tie-downs are also available. The strength of these tie-downs has also doubled from 250 lbs. to 500 lbs. of force before bending. The total 21 available tie-downs are the most of any full-size pickup available today. Access of the tie-downs have been improved as well. They’re now located at varying heights which gives truck owners more versatility with what they can secure and haul.
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Durabed comes standard on all models. It now includes larger cutouts in the GM-exclusive CornerStep bumpers to work better with steel-toed boots. The truck bed is available with in-bed LED lighting and a 11/120-volt power outlet.
The following tailgate variants will be available to the 2019 Silverado 1500:
- Standard gate: a manual gate with no lift assist; manually lockable (with key)
- Standard Gate with Lift Assist: a stamped gate that includes lift assist; manually lockable (with key)
- Power Lock/Release: includes lift assist and automatic release; power lockable
- Industry-exclusive power up/down: available on the LTZ and standard on High Country, the tailgate raises or lowers using the key fob, touchpads on the gate or button in the cabin. Includes lift assist, automatic release and power closing; power lockable
You can expect the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 to be on sale at dealerships starting this fall. If you’re looking for the biggest, strongest, and most convenient truck bed available today, then make sure to come and check out the new Silverado this fall.
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Coming Soon To Forest Lake, MN
You’ll have to wait a little longer to see the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 here at our dealership in Forest Lake, MN. Until then, come and check out our current great deals on 2018 models. We have a great selection with something for everyone. Many of our new vehicles include our Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as well, which you won’t find at any of our local competitors. Come and see us, we’re right by North Branch, Coon Rapids, and White Bear Lake.
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Open House Event February 16, 2019
- Which 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Is Best For You? January 30, 2019
- Big Black Friday Sales Event November 14, 2018