2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Whether you’re looking for a durable work truck or a safe family hauler, the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a great choice. There are so many different combinations of interior, exterior, engines, and drivetrain types, that you can fully tailor this full-size pickup to meet all of your specific needs. This kind of flexibility combined with towing capability, comfort, style, and fuel economy really make this truck one of the best vehicles available today.
When you’re ready to give one a test drive, just give us a call here in Forest Lake, MN and we’ll set you up with a test drive. You can find the perfect 1500 for you right now in our online inventory. Almost all of our vehicles here come included with a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. This awesome warranty will protect your new truck for as long as you own it! Our dealership is not far from North Branch, Roseville, and White Bear Lake, so visit us today.
It’s easy to see why so many different people love the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. With over 50 different trims to choose from, 2WD or 4WD, a 6 or 8 speed automatic transmission, and an interior that can rival even some luxury sedans, this truck meets the needs of many. Safety ratings are very impressive as well, which make this truck a great family vehicle.
2017 added some new features to the Silverado 1500. Teen Driver Technology, which is now featured in almost all new Chevys, now allows you to monitor how another person drove your truck. It’s meant to be used to see how your teenager used your vehicle, but can also be beneficial for use with valets and other 2nd drivers. New appearance packages are now available as well, so you can really make your Silverado stand out from the crowd. All of the different customization options are what put this truck ahead of its competitors.
In addition to the aforementioned 50 trims, there are 3 different cabs available. Regular cabs are only available with the WT, LS, and LT trims. Double cabs come in the WT, LS, Custom, and LTZ trims, and crew cabs can be on all trims except Custom. The luxurious High Country trim comes with a crew cab, either short or standard box. The choices are nearly endless with this truck, which allow for your to sculpt it into the perfect vehicle for you.
|Max Torque (lb-ft)||460|
There is no lack of optional features in the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Heated seats? You can have it. Tinted Glass? It’s yours. A full tent that fits perfectly in the bed of your truck? They’ve got you covered. The choices are nearly endless, and you could spend a good portion of the day fine tuning yourself the absolute perfect truck for your needs. If you’d rather just pick out a fully polished package, you can do that as well. On top of the regular ones, there are many special edition packages from which to choose. Black Out, Alaskan, Special Ops, Realtree, Custom Sport HD, High Desert, Rally 1 & 2, Midnight, and Redline, are the special editions and they all have their own unique features.
But maybe you just want to keep it super simple. Here are some of the awesome features that come in the most basic version of this truck:
- A locking tailgate
- A 4.2″ diagonal color touchscreen system with a SUB and aux port.
- LED projector-beam headlamps
- 17-inch painted-steel wheels with all-season tires
- A 3.5″ Driver Informational Cluster
- Rear bumper and cargo lamps
- Full-size spare and spare tire carrier with lock
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Rubberized-vinyl floor covering
- 6-speed automatic transmission with a Tow/Haul mode
- An adjustable driver seat with lumbar support
- Manual tilt-wheel steering column
- External engine oil cooler
There are many more features that come with the base model of the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. If you’d like to explore them all yourself, come see us at our dealership. The base model also offers 6 additional packages that range in price from $200 to $1,750 extra. For example the Trailering Package gives you an automatic locking rear differential with a trailering hitch platform and 2″ receiver, among other features specific to trailer hauling. These packages are part of what makes this truck so great. You can have a truck that meets all of your needs by just adding features here and there, without paying for extra features that you’ll never use.
The choices don’t stop when it comes to how you want your 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 to perform. There are three different engine options. First is a 4.3L V6 engine offering 285 horsepower at 5,300 rpm. With this engine you can tow up to 7,300 pounds, and you can also get up to 24 mpg on the highway. The next step up in terms of power is the 5.3L V8 Engine with 355 horsepower and a towing capacity of up to 11,100 pounds. Finally is the 6.2L V8, which gives this truck the class-leading max towing ability of 12,500 pounds.
All of these EcoTec3 engines have proven fuel-saving technologies. Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection, and Continuously Variable Valve Timing are what give the truck such impressive fuel efficiency. This truck comes with either a six or eight speed automatic transmission, depending on the engine. On the road you’ll feel calm and gentle ride motions, making for a comfortable drive. This truck really has the power to perform some heavy duty tasks, yet the comfort to haul up to six passengers on a long road trip. This is a huge reason why these awesome full-size pickups are so popular today, they really can do it all.
RWD or 4WD are both available. If you live somewhere where there is a lot of ice and snow, the 4WD version with all-season tires handles the cold with ease. Off roading is definitely an option too with this truck. The Z71 Off-Road Package specifically adds an off-road tuned suspension with Rancho shocks, skid plates, Hill Descent Control, and an automatic locking rear differential that can’t be found in any competitor. So whether you plan on using your 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 as a full time off road vehicle for around the farm or just as a safe family car that can tow the boat, this truck is there for you.
|0 – 60 mph||5.7 sec|
|0 – 120 mph||n/a|
|4.3L Torque (lb-ft)||305|
|5.3L Torque (lb-ft)||383|
|6.2L Torque (lb-ft)||460|
One of the most fun aspects of buying a new car is deciding on how you want the interior to look. With the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, you will never run out of choices. Each trim level has their own assortment of interior design choices. Even the base model gives you the option of cloth or Vinyl seats, although they only come in black. Starting with the LT you can choose between black leather or black, brown, or gray cloth. Other models give you other color and material combinations, the choice is just up to you.
A 4.2″ diagonal color screen with USB ports and auxiliary jack comes in the base model, while the middle models get a 7″ screen and the High country comes with an 8″ one. Speakers range from 4 in the WT trim to 6 Bose speakers in the High Country trim. Depending on the type of cab you go with, you’ll have either three, five, or six total seats, with the front seats in a 40/20/40 split-bench style.
There are tons of options in the interior of the 2017 Chevrolet 1500, which means you can completely tailor your truck to the exact way you want it. If you need help with deciding on your perfect combination, the team here at our dealership would be happy to show you some examples and guide you in the right direction. There are many special editions of this truck too, so you can choose one that really reflects your own personal taste.
All of the latest in Chevy safety technology is available in the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Depending on the trim level that you choose, your truck will either come standard or available with certain safety features. However some of these features are not available in the WT and LT Trim levels. Let us take you through some of these awesome security and safety features.
Basic Safety Features
These come standard in all models.
- High-strength steel safety cage
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Front & side impact airbags
- Hill Start Assist
- Proactive Roll Avoidance
- Electronic trailer sway control
- Teen Driver Mode
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Front passenger assist handles
Available Safety Features
These come standard in the High Country model, and are available in all other models except the WT and LS.
- Forward Collision Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Lane Keep Assist
- Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- OnStar Guidance Plan free 3 month trial
- Safety Seat Alert
WT from $27,580
- 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection and Continuously Variable Valve Timing
- HID projector-beam headlamps with LED signature lighting accents
- CornerStep rear bumper and cargo area lamp
- Locking tailgate
LS from $29,605
- Chrome front and rear bumpers and chrome surround grille
- Stainless steel-clad wheels
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Chevrolet MyLink8 Radio with 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen and Bluetooth wireless technology for phone
Custom from $32,940
- 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels
- Body-color grille surround
- Body-colored headlamp bezels
LT from $34,005
- Body-color door handles, mirror caps and side moldings
- Chrome grille with chrome surround and Black mesh
- Rear vision camera with dynamic guiding lines
- EZ Lift & Lower tailgate
LT Z71 from $39,425
- Z71 Off-Road Suspension with Rancho monotube shocks
- Underbody transfer case shield
- Hill Descent Control
- Trailering Package
LTZ from $41,735
- 5.3L V8 with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection and Continuously Variable Valve Timing
- Full LED projector-beam headlamps, foglamps and taillamps
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Remote vehicle starter system
LTZ Z71 from $46,325
- Z71 Off-Road Suspension with Rancho monotube shocks
- Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential
- High-capacity air cleaner
- Spray-in bedliner
High Country from $51,495
- High Country Trim Package
- Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation
- Enhanced Driver Alert Package
- Premium perforated leather-appointed heated and vented front bucket seats with 12-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters
Help Me Choose
Not sure which option is best for you? We can help!
Help Me Choose
Chevy offers 2 scheduled maintenance visits in the first 2 years or 24,000 miles of your 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in addition to the warranties listed below. Our dealership here in Forest Lake will also offer you a warranty of our own at no additional cost.
- Powertrain/Drivetrain Limited Warranty: 5 Years, 60,000 Miles
- Bumper-to-Bumper: 3 Years, 36,000 Miles*
- Roadside Assistance & Courtesy Transportation: 5 Years, 100,000 Miles
- Corrosion Warranty: 3 Years, 36,000 Miles
- Rust-Through: 6 Years, 100,000 Miles
*When you purchase a new 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 from our dealership, you’ll also receive a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. This warranty lasts for the entire life of the car. It ensures that your vehicle will be operable for as long as you own it. You won’t find a warranty like that at any of our local competitors!